Unity Tutorial 04!

Unity Tutorial 04!

To start off this week's Unity tutorial, we were continuing from last weeks tutorial, so this was lesson 2.4- Collision Decisions.

In this tutorial, despite the fact that Unity kept crashing (which made me get really impatient) I learned how to instead of pressing 'S' to spawn the animals, they will have a timer that allows them to be spawned so that they show up every few seconds. Next I added
colliders to the prefabs and made it so launching a projectile into an animal will destroy it.

I also learned how to add a 'Game Over' message if any of the animals were to make it past the player but if the player hits them with a projectile to feed them, then the animal will be destroyed.


In the challenge part of this weeks tutorial I had to program a few things such as:

  • - Allows for the balls to spawn randomly at the top of the screen

  • - Program a dog that spawns and runs to catch the ball

  • - If the dog and the ball run into each other then the ball is destroyed

  • - If the ball hits the ground, a 'Game Over' message will appear

  • - Removing the dogs and balls when they leave the screen
Despite the software crashing a thousand times, I learned a lot from this weeks Unity tutorial such as programming 'if-statements', generating objects (the balls) randomly, how to add a 'Game Over' message. I can't say I'm enjoying it but I'm glad I'm learning something new.

That's it for this Blog post, thank you!😃



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction!

Game Design!

Prototype!