Unity Tutorial 07!

Unity Tutorial 07!

In this blog post I will not talk about my negative experience with Unity, like I do every week but instead I will JUST talk about what I learned. So in this week's unity tutorial (4.1 - Watch where you’re going) I learned how to adjust the camera to make it rotate evenly around a certain point in the middle of the island, supplying the player with a horizontal input. A textured sphere will be controlled and moved forward or backward by the player in the direction of the above point.


In tutorial 4.2 (Follow the player) I learned how to create a textured and spherical enemy that will spawn on the island at the beginning, in a random position decided by a custom feature. When they come too close, the player is chased across the island, bouncing them off the edge.


4.2 - Follow the Player 


In tutorial 4.3 (PowerUp and CountDown) I learned how to create a powerup that spawns in a random location on the map, waiting on the player actively. The powerup vanishes once the player comes in contact with this powerup, and an indicator illuminates the player. After pickup, the powerup lasts for 5 seconds, giving the player strength that blasts enemies away.


That's it for this blog post!


Comments

  1. Hi it's me again hahaha. Unity has so much problems every time I used them too! I actually like this week's Unity Lesson as it teach us how to add power-ups to our game and also the countdown is useful as well as we don't want to have the power-ups stay to the player the whole game. How's everything with using the Unity software so far? Is it still acting bad as usual?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction!

Game Design!

Prototype!