Unity Tutorial 07!

 Unity Tutorial 07!

I've finally finished the last Unity tutorial, this day has come quicker than I thought it would and before I summarise my experience with the last tutorial, I'm going to list what helped me get through these tutorials:

-Patience (despite Unity crashing, I learned from last semester to be patient and not just give up
-Keeping an open mind (last semester I struggled so much with Unity, leading me to dislike it so much, this semester, I let go of my bad experience and decided to try again with a new approach)
-YouTube videos help... a lot, since Ruby's adventure didn't have video tutorials like last semester's tutorials, I kept going back and forth between Unity and my browser to read what I had to do (I'm 100% sure that I spent more time reading the tasks rather than actually doing them) so I watched bonserdev on YouTube to help speed up the process
-It's okay to ask for help

Now onto the tutorials, the first tutorial which was "Audio" was pretty straightforward, I honestly forgot about adding audio to the game even though it's one of the most important things, until this week. I added background music and added sound to the characters. I had no idea that there was a difference between sound or music for a 2D game and a 3D game, so that was really interesting and that the sound would be at different volumes depending on the distance between the camera (which sounds like a math equation).

In the second tutorial, which was "Build, run, distribute" which was also very straightforward, I adjusted the player settings and "built the game together" meaning that the game was stored in a folder.


That's it for today, thanks for reading my blog! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction!

Game Design!

Prototype!